Legal DNA Paternity Test
If you need a DNA Paternity test for any legal purpose, DDC can help in Legal DNA Test.
Many of our clients use their legal DNA Paternity test results to settle family law matters (such as child support, child custody, and visitation disputes), resolve inheritance disputes, and satisfy immigration requirements. (For more information about legal DNA testing for immigration purposes, please visit our DNA Testing for Immigration page.)
Our legal DNA Paternity testing service follows a strict chain of custody ; this is what makes our test results legally defensible in courts of law. The chain of custody is a documentation process that shows:
- The samples were collected by a neutral third party, such as a doctor, a nurse, or a DNA Diagnostics Centre representative.
- The tested parties were appropriately identified at their sample collection appointment(s).
- The samples were protected with tamper tape at the collection site and were securely packaged for shipping to the laboratory. Once received by the lab, they were thoroughly inspected for tampering.
How the Paternity DNA Test Works
A child inherits DNA from his or her biological parents—half from the mother, and half from the father. Because of this fact, expert DNA analysts can compare a child’s genetic profile with that of an alleged father and look for patterns of inheritance between the two. The profiles of a biologically related parent and child will show predictable patterns of genetic inheritance.
To learn more about legal paternity testing from DNA Diagnostics Centre, please explore the links below.
Who is tested?
How are the DNA samples collected?
What will the paternity DNA test results tell you?
DNA Paternity Testing Options
DNA Diagnostics Centre offers several paternity testing options to best meet your unique needs. Please review the information and links below to determine if legal testing is the right option for you.
- Legal paternity testing. Use this option when you intend to use your paternity test results for any legal purpose—now or in the future.
- Paternity testing for peace of mind. Consider this option if you need to know the paternity of your child for personal knowledge only. While this test will answer your paternity question, its results are not legally defensible and therefore cannot be used for legal purposes.
If you have any questions about which paternity testing option is right for you, please call us at 01 506 0395. Our knowledgeable paternity specialists will assess your situation and help you choose the best test for your needs.
Purchase a Legal DNA Paternity Test